Health and fitness are vital for individuals and families. Believe it or not, your habits can be mimicked by your children. This makes it extremely important to practice good habits while your children are forming their own. Not only is exercising important, but the food you eat is just as important.
While it may be convenient, fast food can be damaging to your body. Fast food is often high in sugar, sodium, and fats while low in nutrients necessary to maintain optimal health. Not only does regularly consuming fast-food form bad eating habits, but fast–food can also harm your digestive and cardiovascular systems and can lead to type two diabetes.
Ways to Exercise as a Family
Exercising may seem like a chore to some people, but it does not have to be. Exercising as a family can help create a stronger bond and helps you and your family stay healthy. Some examples of family exercise include walking the dog, going for a bike ride, having a dance party, and playing sports in the yard. Yoga is also a great way to help relax and stay active.
Numbers talk. Learn the statistics surrounding health and fitness.
- Two and a half hours of moderate to high-intensity exercise at least two to three times a week is needed for adults.
- For kids, 30 minutes of exercise a day is recommended.
- There are 600,000 deaths a year from heart disease, making it the leading cause of death.
- $110 million is spent per year on fast food.
- While high blood pressure has little to no warning signs, one in three adults are silently suffering from high blood pressure.
- In the past two decades, obesity has rapidly increased.
Interested in learning more? Please email us at email@example.com or call 773-945-6000
Worthy Insurance is a niche broker with a focus on providing insurance placement and risk management services to the Healthcare, Manufacturing, Social Service, and Main Street business communities. Here at Worthy Insurance, we love to provide you with exciting and fun articles to learn more about insurance and how it impacts your life. Visit our other blogs to find more information.